If you lost your data tomorrow–
WOULD YOU STILL BE IN BUSINESS?
Data loss can cripple–or even destroy–businesses. A business continuity and disaster recovery plan (BCDR) is the key to fully protecting your data from ransomware attacks.
The basic step for all businesses that store data is to implement automatic backups. These backups should ideally be
- Located onsite and in the cloud
- Updated at least daily (if not hourly)
PLAN OF ACTION
Everyone on your team should know what to do in the event of a ransomware attack. This includes
- Alerting your IT support staff as soon as an issue is detected
- Protecting other devices on the network
- The steps needed to restore the data from its backup
- Notifying customers whose data is at risk
The best way to beat a ransomware attack is to avoid it in the first place:
- Cyber security training
- Password best practices
- Multifactor authentication
Effective BCDR requires the right defensive arsenal. Datto’s backup technology will let you rest easy knowing you and your customers are protected.
An on-site backup is great, but what if your building suffers catastrophic losses? Datto backups provide the redundancy your business needs:
- Onsite and cloud backups
- Block-level, image-based backups
- Daily snapshots saved for a month
- Encrypted and compressed files
Backups are only useful once they restore your data:
- Recovery can happen in minutes or hours
- Virtual machine deployment
- 24/7/365 support
Recovery can often be avoided by keeping up-to-date with the latest ransomware attacks. Datto proactively protects against ransomware:
- Team of 60 people devoted to testing security
- Bounty programs
- Regular PSAs and security alerts
HIPAA requires customer data be protected. Stay compliant with secure, reliable backups.