Server Engineer needed for innovative and growing Managed Services Provider (MSP). We service several small to medium-sized networks throughout the USA, primarily in Colorado. We are currently looking for one person to fill an immediate opening. We are looking for applicants that have a strong background primarily in Windows server deployment and administration.
We offer a variety of options for our employees, including paid vacation, health insurance eligibility after 3 months, 401k, and a relaxed, results-oriented atmosphere. We have been in business since 1998 with a proven track record, and a great reputation.
Applicants should be dedicated, reliable, and self-motivated individuals with a history of first-rate customer service. Please attach business references and IT certifications when submitting a resume.
- Must have excellent communication skills, on the phone, in writing, and in person.
- Must have good customer service skills .
- Must have previous IT experience.
- Must be able to work in a high-performance, agile environment and demonstrate above average situational awareness.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have above average reasoning skills.
- Must be willing to document work.
- Must have held a MCSA or higher certification (MCSE preferred) within the last five years or have the equivalent work experiance.
- Must be willing to renew or aquire MCSA/MCSE within the first year of employment.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Engineering and designing solutions; creating system configurations, directing system installations; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards and best practices.
- Monitoring server performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling server upgrades and maintenances.
- Securing servers by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Learning and managing software tools used for network monitoring and management.
- Collaborating with network engineers and management on client on projects.
- Migrating customer environments to Microsoft Office 365.
- Responding to customer tickets.
- Regularly traveling In-state to customer sites for hardware deployments & other projects.
- Continuing your education and knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, and building and maintaining network laboratory environments.
Applicants should have strong networks skills, including:
- The ability to troubleshoot complex networks.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012R2 and newer.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
- In-depth knowledge of Domain Name Services (DNS).
- Working knowledge of Powershell.
- Working knowledge of Office 365.
- Working knowledge of authentication protocols (802.1x, Radius, LDAP).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and newer.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Virtualization (HyperV).
- Familiarity with basic network administration (Cisco, HP, Ubiquity, Dell, etc)
- Familiarity with network monitoring systems. (SNMP, MIBs, OIDs).
- Familiarity with ticketing systems.
- Familiarity with network mapping systems.
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Experience with Connectwise Manage, Connectwise Control, and Connectwise Automate software.
- Experience with Auvik software.
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience with Sharepoint.
If you are a dynamic individual with solid skills and desire to join a great company please contact us.